Make a new friend in Henrietta turtle (or skip the flower corsage & make a Henry turtle). Henrietta will gladly house your pins & needles or entertain your baby or pet -- but not at the same time. She's funny that way.
*Includes pattern & instructions for turtle with flower corsage*
We offer materials kits for Henrietta as well -- see our "Other Fun Stuff" section of the store for kit options. Otherwise, refer to the Materials List below for a list of fabrics & supplies needed.
- 22"w x 5" fabric* for body
- 2"w x 6"h fabric* scrap for belly
- 13"w x 5"h fabric* for shell
- 13"w x 5"h fabric* for shell lining
- 22"w x 5"h or 11"w x 10"h light-weight, fusible, woven interfacing
- Wool or wool-blend felt scraps for flower & leaves (optional)
- Embroidery thread or small button for flower center
- Embroidery thread for leaf veins (optional)
- Embroidery thread for eyes
- Stuffing & thread
Pins, scissors, iron, hand-sewing needle, seam ripper, water-soluble marker, stuffing tool (such as Stuffing Fork, or chopstick)
* Suitable fabrics include quilting-weight cotton, light-weight decorator fabric, and other light- to medium-weight woven fabrics. Do not use stretchy fabrics such as knits nor wovens with lycra content.
Turtle is approximately 4" tall
Pattern Measures 5"w x 7"h
Every pattern includes comprehensive, professionally-illustrated instructions, along with additional construction tips, a pattern-specific glossary and a metric conversion chart for
--Metric Conversion Chart included with each pattern--